Member Benefits and Services
Serving our community for over 80 years, the Newberry County Chamber of Commerce represents a diverse cross section of businesses, industries, professional firms and individuals who have an economic stake in Newberry County. Through our many programs, the Chamber of Commerce has something for everyone.
The Chamber of Commerce is considered by most businesses and individuals as the best source of reliable product and service information. As a member of the Chamber, your company and telephone number will be submitted to all relevant inquiries. Members are also listed in our directory which accompanies all relocation inquiries and on this web site. With the increased diversity of communication through telephone, fax, internet and e-mail, the number of inquiries and resulting referrals has increased dramatically over the past three years.
The Newberry County Chamber of Commerce is the leading organization in the area for making business contacts. Networking events throughout the year include: Business After Hours, Quarterly Breakfast Meetings, Industry Appreciation Golf Tournament, New Member Reception and the Chamber's Annual Meeting. Local business to business contacts can also be established by participating in workshop and seminar programs like the Leadership Newberry Program.
Group health insurance is now available to chamber members through Blue Cross/Blue Shield. This program is designed exclusively for small business owners.
Annual Events and Programs
- Breakfast Meetings: Quarterly Breakfast Meetings feature speakers who address issues on economic development, government, personal development and other timely subjects. These meetings are designed to provide networking opportunity, fellowship and food all before the workday begins! Sponsorships are also available to spread the word about your business.
- Newsletter: We send out a weekly e-mail newsletter every Friday that serves as a source for information on local business activity, economic development and stories of local interest. The newsletter also features happenings at the Newberry County Visitors Center and the Newberry Opera House.
- Business After Hours: Business After Hours meetings are held at sponsoring businesses around Newberry County. Sponsors of these meetings enjoy a unique opportunity to promote their businesses to the other members of the business community. Chamber members find the informal social environment an effective way to network with other businesses and potential customers.
- New Member Reception: Each February, the Newberry County Chamber of Commerce recognizes its new members from the previous year and also takes the opportunity to honor our existing membership.
- Newberry County Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament: Existing businesses and industries are the backbone of Newberry's local economy and are recognized at this event. The tournament is held each year in September.
- Annual Meeting: Each year, the Chamber of Commerce gets together to celebrate a year of achievement, elect officers and recognize those who have served in positions of leadership.
Becoming a Member
Membership in the Newberry County Chamber of Commerce is done on an anniverary basis, meaning your membership is effective for one year from the day you sign up. Membership is offered in several categories based on business size. For more information or to receive a membership form, stop by our office at 1109 Main Street in Newberry or call us at 803-276-4274.
Copyright © 2002 Newberry County Chamber of Commerce, Newberry, South Carolina - All Rights Reserved.
1109 Main Street, P.O. Box 396, Newberry, SC 29108